Prep time: 20 min | Baking time: 45 min | Total time: 65 min | Servings: 16pcs | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 Eggs
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp Hot water
- 2 bags Vanilla sugar
- 1 bag Baking powder
- 200g All-purpose flour (organic)
- 200g Brown sugar (powder)
Ingredients Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/2L milk
- 6tbs Brown sugar (powder)
- 1 bag Chocolate pudding
Ingredients Chocolate Cream – frosting:
- 2 cups Cream
- 200g unsweetened cocoa powder (organic)
- 3ml Rum
Preparation – Cake base:
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350°F). Coat two 9-inch-round cake pans with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend 6 egg whites to get foam and add vanilla sugar.
- In the second bowl blend 6 egg yolks to get foam and add unsweetened cocoa powder and Brown sugar (powder).
- Combine both mixtures add baking powder, flour and 6 tbsp of hot water. Process until the mixture sticks together.
- Pour into a cake pan covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 45 min. at 175 °C (350°F).
Preparation – Pudding:
Prepare Chocolate Pudding as instructed on the bag and leave to cool down – 2-3 hours.
Preparation – Chocolate cream – frosting:
- Cook all ingredients until thicken. Leave the cream in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to cool down.
- When the cream is fully cooled, mix with blender until you get a fine texture.
Preparation – Cake decoration:
- Cut the cake horizontally into half with a sharp knife or sewing thread, to get two thin layers.
- Use 10 tbsp of cold milk for both halves of the cake, to make them soft and juicy.
- Spread the pudding between the cake base layers, onto the lower layer to the edges.
- Place the other half of the cake cut-side down onto the cake base with the pudding.
- Paddle the chocolate cream frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate the cake as you wish with different toppings. (various nuts, sugar coated decorations, fruit…)
- Clean the edges of the plate after frosting and decorating.
- Serve from the fridge or at cool room temperature.
Hint: when you are running out of time, alternatively you can buy the chocolate cake base and add the pudding and frosting. This way it only takes around 20 minutes to make a delicious cake!
Bon apetit 😉