Prep Time: 15 min| Cooking Time: 15 min| Total Time: 30 min| Servings: 4-6 | Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for soup (3L bowl):
- 250ml coconut milk (1 can-14 fl ounces)
- 750ml water
- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 handful of button mushrooms (about 6)
- 1 fresh leek stalk
- 2 dried red chili peppers
- 2 fresh red peppers
- 2 fresh green peppers
- 2 fresh yellow peppers
- 6 fresh or dried kaffir lime leaves
- 6 thin slices fresh galangal or ginger
- 1 bag Tom Kha curry paste, can be exchanged with green or red curry paste (can be found in Asian markets)
- Salt to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- Coriander for garnishing
- Thai basil leaves for garnishing
- 1 lime, zest only
- Chili sauce (optional)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
For the soup, heat the coconut butter or any oil in a large saucepan and fry the Tom Kha curry paste over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk and fish sauce.
Pour in the boiling water.
Add the vegetables, and allow them to cook in the broth for 3-4 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and sugar, and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Soak the Rice noodles in a hot water or follow the instructions on the packaging, then drain.
To serve, add the lime juice to taste.
Divide the drained noodles between four or six bowls, and ladle over the soup. Garnish with Thai basil leaves, coriander leaves, and sliced chilli.
Squeeze over a little more lime juice to taste.
You can also add a chicken or prawns into the soup.
Bon apetit 😉